Seminars & Training
Training is key to an organization’s financial literacy. If you’re looking for financial training that zeros in on the specific challenges you face, I can help.
I combine up-to-date best practices with practical, every day tips that you can begin using immediately. I ensure that you not only understand the concepts, but leave feeling comfortable applying them.
- How to read financial statements
- How to work with accountants and treasurers
- Basic internal financial processes (cash handling, donations, expenses etc.)
- Warning signs of fraud
- Privacy considerations and best practices
- Budgeting 101
- Internal controls – from implementation to application
- Financial best practices for Non-Profit Leaders
When to have a seminar/training?
- Board strategic planning – add a short seminar on financial best practices to provide all your board members with key concepts on their financial fiduciary duty.
- Staff professional development – instead of sending staff out to generic courses why not give them an afternoon of focused information that will help them immediately improve their knowledge and skills.
- Executive Director Mentorship – book a series of meetings for one-on-one coaching on your specific needs – I can help you prepare and be ready for those tough financial questions that come from your board.
Training is generally best when limited to 3 hours. Select the time and day of the week that works best for you, including evenings and weekends.
Costs are reasonable. Call me to discuss how I can help you, your organization’s board, employees and/or volunteers enhance their financial literacy today!